19/07/2022 - Evaluating the effectiveness of slimming products through consumer tests
Assessing the effectiveness of slimming products through consumer testing
The slimming and anti-cellulite effects of the products can be assessed in a relevant way thanks to consumer tests.
We offer tailor-made protocols according to the objectives of our clients.
A self-assessment by the volunteers can be coupled with a visual assessment of the capitons by our study managers (specific scale with photos).
Studies in hemibody can allow a comparative study of two formulas or two methods of application.
Here is the protocol of a study we recently carried out on a slimming treatment.
60 women participated in this study over 56 days.
Features of the panel:
- All volunteers with BMI between 22 and 25.
- Volunteers aged 20 to 60
- Regular users of products of this type
- Women prone to cellulite and cellulite problems and looking for an anti-cellulite/slimming result.
The volunteers used a slimming treatment according to an explained massage protocol, for 56 days, morning and evening, with and without a half-body accessory (right/left randomization).
The volunteers came to the center at T0, T28 and T56 days.
- An evaluation of the intensity of the dimples on each thigh was carried out by our research manager using a visual scale at these three study times.
- Photos were taken of the same area at the three study times.
- An evaluation of the intensity of pinching pain on each thigh was carried out by self-evaluation by the volunteers at the three study times.
- Self-assessment questionnaires were completed at the three study times by the volunteers.
The main results of the study showed that:
- The application of the product is an important aspect for women (sticky, greasy, penetration and felt on massage, the product must blend into the skin).
- The notion of perfume is not essential but they expect a pleasant scent which they want to enjoy as long as possible.
- The recommended 10-minute massage protocol, although restrictive, allows women to rediscover their skin and see it change more significantly over time.
- Women are happy to use a product with an attachment because they feel it works the circulation more and the massage is more effective than with the hands.
- The effectiveness of the slimming treatment on the anti-cellulite effect is significant over 56 days of study (more than 80% favorable opinions), with or without accessories. The use of the accessory reinforced the efficiency in self-assessment (+10%).
- The group with accessories noticed a significant result on firmness (89%) and smoother appearance of the skin (92%).
- The no-accessory group rated skin smooth immediately (88%) and over time (95%) as well as smoother skin (89%).